Logo

AQ170 fuel pressure

colorado_cwboy

I have a 1975 Glastron with an

I have a 1975 Glastron with an AQ170. It appears that I have a fuel pressure problem. While cruising around about 2000 - 2500 rpm everything runs great. Once I get her up to 3500 rpm it runs for about 5 - 10 min and sounds as if it's running out of gas. If I back it back down to idle for a few seconds and then take it back to about 2000 rpm it runs fine again. If I leave it at 2000 rpm for about 5 to 10 min I can then take it back up to 3500 rpm and the scenario repeats. Now the person I bought the boat from had replaced the fuel pump but he replaced it with the pump for the B30 and not one for the AQ170. I'm trying to find the fuel pressure specs and see if there is a difference between these two pumps. Does anyone have an idea about this?

"Need more info when was fuel

"Need more info when was fuel filter last changed, Is the gas fresh, Is this the first time you have run this boat?????????"

"Brand new fuel filter. Just

"Brand new fuel filter. Just installed new head gasket (had the exact same problem before head gasket change). Fresh fuel (Drain the tank dry, ouch) I ran the boat last summer with the same issue. I had water in the oil last year so I put on new head gasket along with new gaskets for the water pump. So the water in oil problem is fixed. Just still having this fuel pressure issue."

It might be restriction somewh

It might be restriction somewhere in the fuel lines/system.
Suggest You do a test with a separate tank hooked straight to the fuel-pump to eliminate the boat system/filters/vent-hose/anti-siphon.

That was going to be one of my

That was going to be one of my next moves. Also been reading alot about the Carbs being syncronized. Do you think that might be an issue?

Depends on when Your carbs wer

Depends on when Your carbs were last cleaned and serviced. You have 3 possibilities of fuel-shortage just in the carbs if needle valves etc are limiting the flow.

Back