Logo

AQ130270 Couple of

giterdone

"Well I've started to get

"Well I've started to get ready to pull my AQ130 to see if it's worth rebuilding or just replacing. Question 1
I can't get any power out of the tilt to lower the leg all the way. Any way to lower it without power?
Question 2
Can't get the upper gear assembly to budge due to corrosion I suppose and read another thread on this problem and was wondering if anyone found a solution to this aside from a 20lb sledge and a real good whack.
Question 3
Is actually part of question 1, does the leg need to be lowered all the way (it's about 3/4 of the way down now) to remove either the whole leg or just the upper gear assembly?
Thanks in advance, I would rather ask for advice than bulldoze ahead to the unknown and do more damage."

"I lowered mine the rest of th

"I lowered mine the rest of the way via the gentle application of a medium sized flathead screwdriver. My tilt motor was already off, so access was easy.

Takes a while but if you keep things lined up and are careful not to scratch anything inside the tilt shaft input area, should be fine. Flat head lines up where the end shaft cross key fits, just turn away, while maintaining a good clear horizontal axis rotation.

Can raise it back up some the same way, but it takes a looonngg time, and a kazillion turns of the screwdriver."

Back