Logo

MAG 350 MISS PROBLEM

brian_oc

"I HAVE A 1998 CHAPARRAL 2130

"I HAVE A 1998 CHAPARRAL 2130 WITH A MAG 350 FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK DOWN AN ENGINE MISS USUALLY AT 2000RPM-4500RPM.I HAVE HAD 3 REPAIR SHOPS TRY TO FIND THE PROBLEM NO ONE CAN SEEM TO COME UP WITH AN ANSWER.I HAVE CHANGED THE FUEL PUMP, FUEL FILTER, CAP AND ROTOR, COIL, PLUG WIRES, PLUGS,FUEL TANK DRAINED AND CLEAN, PICK UP TUBE CHECKED,FUEL RAIL AND INJECTORS CLEANED.NO CODES COME UP SEEMS TO DO IT AFTER 15 OR 20MINUTES OF NORMAL DRIVING.IT OVERHEATED ONCE DO TO A BAD IMPELLER ONE MACHANIC THOUGHT MAYBE COMPUTER GOT TOO HOT AND WAS DAMAGED.THE COMPUTER RUNS ABOUT 800.00 SO I HATE TO REPLACE IT, IF ITS NOT THE PROBLEM.ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT. BRIAN"

I doubt it's the ECM. Have

I doubt it's the ECM. Have any of the shops checked the knock system activity when this happens?

It's never been mentioned

It's never been mentioned before? The problem comes and goes.It feels like a quick loss of spark.I dont see any change on my tach or speedo when it happens.

Disconnect the tach. gray wire

Disconnect the tach. gray wire on the neg. side of coil and see if it stops.

"Use scan tool live data and t

"Use scan tool live data and trigger snap shot when miss happens. Or (scope), Your tech should of done this. Could be any number of issues. I suspect maybee injector issues or quad driver in ecm. or a sticky valve or something. Put vacume guage on it and record readings at idle and 2500 rpm and get back to us.
If miss counts can be retreived and one or two cyl. are missing move plug and injector from that cyl. to another cyl. and see if miss follows. Sounds like techs didn't spend time to diag problem. I would get fired if I sent out a
suzuki without having done my job. What a pitty.

Kurt"

"Maybe you could elaborate a l

"Maybe you could elaborate a little on the symptoms. You say at 2000 to 4500 the engine starts to "miss", but the tach doesn't move? No loss of RPM? A "miss" usually means that one or more cylinders are dropping out, and that would certainly cause a drop in RPM, so I'm a little confused."

"There is no change in rpm or

"There is no change in rpm or speed, volts dont change either.Im going to pull my injectors and ecm and send them to Arizona Speed and Marine. They said they can check everything for around 175.00.I'll see what they say."

Back