Logo

1987 force 50 wont stay running

truck300lb

"I got a 87' 50 force mod.

"I got a 87' 50 force mod.# 507X8D on A 14' bay liner and it wont idle once it starts it will stay running but only if you flutter the throtle if I give it full gas it winds out good but if I let off a little it will die .in the diagram for the carb. says there is a spring(nozzle spring)#26 part # 24-f10204 and this carb has no spring there and was woundering if that could be the problem.... I have new fuletank
fule line
primer bulb
fule
and I screwed the adjustment all the way in then out 1-1/2 turns on the back of the carb. any answers???????????????????? THANKS, Jeff"

"Have you cleaned the carb out

"Have you cleaned the carb out? If so, was there any residue in the bowl? If there was you need to make sure that the idle passageways are not plugged even the slightest amount. In most carbs there are separate passageways to supply fuel at idle. It's an extremely common oversight on small engines. You may alson need to adjust the setting on the idle mixture adjustment screw."

There is a spring loaded nozzl

There is a spring loaded nozzle. My EPC shows a side inlet fuel jet which means there needs to be a red ring on the inside of the bowl. THe slow circuit may be blocked. Take the carb off and spray into the small tube in the center of the nozzle. It will come out if the holes above the throttle plate. Back out the adjuster if it is closed.Set that to one turn to start the motor.

Re-sync the linkage if it is wrong.

Are you sure you have an 87?I

Are you sure you have an 87?I have the same model numbers and was told my motor is an 88.

Back