Logo

Yamaha VMAX 150 Cutting out Issues Plz Help

azbiggame

"Hello All,
I have a Yamaha V

"Hello All,
I have a Yamaha VMAX 150 from late 1999 in very good shape. Maybe 100 hours. The model # is VX150TLRY. It's a 2 Stroke..I have had it since new and have been having an issue with it the last two or three years. On glass water this thing runs great but if you hit a wake or a set of wakes the motor will just stumble and then it will just take back off. It doesnt shut off it just drops off of plane. It only happens when I hit a wake and the hull is jarred. I have spent thousands of dollars with folks just throwing parts at this thing, with no resolution and I am getting frustrated. I have had several folks check all of the connections and wiring harness from the front to the back of the boat...Every one i have spoke with thinks its electrical, as do I. Any help would be much appreciated...if you can't help try to head me in the best direction...please...Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post....

SK"

Try tapping various components

Try tapping various components at idle to see if you can re create this problem and isolate it to a particular part.

I had the same problem on a 01

I had the same problem on a 01 200hp ox66. Replaced the filter on the high pressure fuel pump in the VST.No more problem

Back