Logo

Alpha 1 gen 1 after market drive

srdancer90

Regular Contributor
"I am not sure if I asked this

"I am not sure if I asked this question, however I am interested in the SEI after market alpha 1 gen 1 counter. I have a 280 Sea Ray with two right hand drives. Has anyone or does any one know how well these usits hold up? My merc tech calls them Chinese junk, and says that they will not last at as long as the OEM unit. Second question, will it improve handeling in a docking situation i.e. backing into a slip. At this time my stern pulls to the starboard side, and causes havoc. Answers will greatly be appreatiated.
1990 280 DA T/5.7
"Summer Wind""

Merc techs lie. Installed a fe

Merc techs lie. Installed a few and cant tell the difference. read about them at the SEI site. They do the same testing as Merc does .
$4000 for a Merc or $600 for SEI.

"Joe,
I only have a single s

"Joe,
I only have a single stern drive but with a dual set up wouldn’t one drive need to be a left hand rotation and the other right hand? If they both rotate the same direction then wouldn’t that cause the drunk’n monkey dance backing into the slip????

"

"Oh, BTW two years ago I purch

"Oh, BTW two years ago I purchased the SE 106 upper and lower...NO PROBLEMS what so ever. After going back to there web site it seems they have updated there warranty for three years. It mentions coverage from defects to draging on the ramp while on your trailer, hitting submerged items while under way and what ever else could go wrong.....How could you beat that?"

Back