Logo

Anyone know a source of ScrewOn DistCaps for 4 cyl Bosch Dist

followingsea

Regular Contributor
"I've been searching for t

"I've been searching for the automotive equivalent of the Screw-On type Distributor Cap for the JF4 Bosch #0 231 178 017 Distributors (Used on many B21 motors like the AQ140a, etc.). I'm not alone, I know others would like to find them also.

Yes, I can find them on eBay--but paying $45-$50 (USD) seems like a rip-off. Some European car manufacturer must have used that same cap. Anyone found a source of REASONABLY priced dist. caps from an automotive parts source?"

"Are you referring to the cap

"Are you referring to the cap that is held on by two screws rather than the clips? If so, I'm one of the 'others' who'd like to find a reasonably priced replacement. Keep me in mind if you find a source.

Tom"

"Hey Dennis,
If I remember ri

"Hey Dennis,
If I remember right you live in the Seattle area. There is a place called Seaway Marine in West Seattle. I used to buy all of my VP stuff from them. Also there is a place called Jack's Payless in South Seattle that carries a lot of Bosch parts. 206-722-4188. Good Luck."

"Good to hear from you again.

"Good to hear from you again. Yes, I'm about 1-1/2 hours north on one of those BIG Islands that don't need a ferry!

I'll check those sources out. Thanks for the leads.
Are you still into boating?"

Back