Logo

Please help Unisync tool

mangumck

I am adjusting my carbs on AQ1

I am adjusting my carbs on AQ145A with Solex 44PA1-4 carbs. It says I need to synchronize the carbs with a UNI-SYNC tool. Where can I get this tool or is there a better way to do it.

"I have the same engine and bo

"I have the same engine and bought a UNI-SYNC on ebay for about $15. I did have to make a "stack" though to use it. I dont know if I did it the right way or not so maybe someone who knows more about them can help with a better solution. The uni sync would not fit on top of the carbs so I took a piece of 1" pvc pip cut to about 6" and cut a notch to clear the pump tube that sticks out the top of each carb. I then fit some gasket material on each end so it would seal. This device allowed the uni sync tool to set level and cover the opening. The Clymer repair manual told me the same thing, to use the unisync but it sure didnt say anything about it not fitting the top of the carb. I was able to get a reading and adjusted the carbs evenly. I am sad to say though a buoy buddy of mine syncs his by "ear" and listens to the vaccum draw with a hose. We tested his with my tool and they needed no adjustment. Needless to say he is no hurry to buy one. Mine did run better after syncing but I think I am going for the Weber conversion and get rid of the twins."

Thanks for the help. I have s

Thanks for the help. I have seen several people talk about the Weber Conversion. Is this something that I should consider? Would it help the performance of my AQ145A motor?

Back