Logo

1995 225 Yamaha low WOT RPM

war_eagle

"I recently bought a 24 ft. Ed

"I recently bought a 24 ft. Edgewater CC with a 1995 Yamaha 225 Saltwater series motor. The hole shot seems to have a good bit of acceleration up to about 4000 rpm. If I fiddle with the trim tabs, the boat will eventually nose over and come on plan. But WOT is only 4800 RPM when the boat is trimmed out at 30 MPH. The motor does not seem to missing or sputtering at any throttle position. Compression on all cylinders is 112-116. The motor is swinging a 14.5X15 stainless prop. I just replaced the 5/16 in. I/D fuel line that has 3 splice fittings with 1/4 in. I/D outlets with a new 3/8 line but have not yet water tested it. I noticed a on/off fuel valve at the bottom of the fuel pump line feed chain and it is in the off position. Is that correct? What does this valve control?"

Exactly!!! 5500 RPMs is not WO

Exactly!!! 5500 RPMs is not WOT on my boat. That's what I'm shooting for. Similar boats are turning 15x19. I'm turning a 15 in. pitch prop and cann't get but 4800.

"Yes, boat is trimmed up at 48

"Yes, boat is trimmed up at 4800 RPM WOT. The plugs are moist but not wet. They do not show any carbon build up. I was thinking the low RPM could be due to the 1/4 in. fuel line splice fittings but the motor did not act like other people have described fuel starvation issues."

Back