Logo

Yamaha 2002 150 ox66 cuts out

mayhem

"The motor cuts out when the b

"The motor cuts out when the boat is trying to plane, and also if I hit waves bigger then 2'. For somoe reason when the boat tilts it starves for fuel. I have changed the filter in the VST as it was covered with sediment of some kind and this solved the problem for a while, now it is back. Any ideas
Thanks"

"I would think it would happen

"I would think it would happen all the time if it was fuel pumps. It does not happen on the river and only happens on the bay or ocean if it is rough, however if i trim it so the starboard side is down and port side elevated it rarely does it!?"

"was not fuel pumps, the high

"was not fuel pumps, the high pressure filter was covered with debris from the ethanol eating the old fuel lines in the boat. I am going to change to the new grey ethanol approved fuel lines this week. I think more guys on here may be having this problem then are aware. It is very easy to clean this filter. Also be careful where you buy them as I have seen them priced from $104.00 to $52.00 all at YAMAHA dealers. There are different pricing plans at each individual dealer."

Back