Logo

1995 Yamaha 115 carbed oil injected Blue Smoke Oil leaks help

g50cab

"Yes, I did a search = did not

"Yes, I did a search = did not find anything definitive.

I have a 1995 Yamaha 115 - carbed - oil injected. While running with the family yesterday - I noticed a change in the engine pitch - looked back and saw blue smoke coming out of the exhaust so shut it off.

Then noticed 2 stroke oil coming out of the intake (OK, poured) when I pulled the cover off the engine and seeping around the cowling. Quite a bit!

So got a tow back to the lift - cleaned the area up with some simple green - Took off the intake and didn't notice anything (other than more oil dripping out) - there was a hose off the bottom of the plastic intake which I returned - but that might have been from when I pulled it off with the carb cover.

I tried starting again and killed ALOT of Mosquitoes SO shut it down quickly.

I'm guessing maybe it's the oil injection pump or maybe my carbs need to be rebuilt?

The engine mounted oil container was at the normal level [maximum hash-mark]. The engine still started.

Any ideas?"

"So the hose on the bottom is

"So the hose on the bottom is an oil delivery hose? - It looked like a catch hose. Low pressure, barbed fitting. Seems like it would be a less than efficient way to deliver 2 cycle oil.

I need to get a manual on this engine. So do the oil pumps bad? When they go bad do they put more oil into the cylinders (I guess that is better than too much)

Anyway - thanks for posting."

Back