Logo

How to raise the engine RPM in neutral

botaman

Regular Contributor
"Folks,

How do you raise t

"Folks,

How do you raise the engine RPM without going to gear? Is the button at the control pivot doing any thing? Thank you."

should be able to press and wh

should be able to press and while holding in that pivot point button move throttle forward to rev engine in neutral. you can release button after throttle is moved forward...move throttle back to neutral to re=engage shifting ability

"Thanks Ken,

Thanks a bu

"Thanks Ken,

Thanks a bundle. I thought that button is doing something but now I know
happy.gif
"

"BTw;
You should not rev it u

"BTw;
You should not rev it up over 1500 Rpm in neutral, so as to avoid damage to the drive leg.

Rod"

"Rod,

Thanks for the tip,

"Rod,

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind, I've got so much to learn here, and you folks have been very phoenominal
happy.gif
"

i have 2002 rinker 270twinvee

i have 2002 rinker 270twinvee there has been three engines put into boat same problem water is coming in from exhaust. Can anyone tell me why or has anyone had this problem before? My engine is 350 EFI Mer cruiser.

anthony;
Like Jeff says you s

anthony;
Like Jeff says you should start your own topic to get best coverage.

I assume you mean water is getting into the cylinders from the exhaust system somehow?
Are the exhaust manifolds and risers new? Otherwise they may be leaking water into the exhaust system.

The cause may be backswells overflowing your risers.

Are the exhaust flappers intact?
These are intended to prevent backswell overflow and are essential.
If the exhaust is thru-hull you need internal or external flappers; both is better for transom exhausts.

Is there adequate riser height?
Merc specs 13" minimum riser height required from nominal outside water line to the top of the risers. You can get riser extenders in 3" and 6" increments if required.

Being an EFI engine we can rule out dieseling as a potential cause.

Rod

how do you start an inboard en

how do you start an inboard engine at home to test it. i bought the muffs at walmart that has the water hose hook up

Attach a garden hose to the mu

Attach a garden hose to the muffs and cover the OD water inlets w/them like you would put earmuffs on your head. Turn the water on high and fire up the engine in neutral. Keep RPMs under 1500.

Back