Logo

2006 Sea Ray Sport Trim Issue

B

Brad Walters

"I made a total bone head move

"I made a total bone head move today and didn't raise my drive up (Alpha 1) as I was pulling the boat out of the garage. The skeg dragged on the ground for about 1.5 feet. The damage to the skeg wasn't too bad, but immediately afterwards I noticed other issues:

1) The trim button to raise the drive up stopped working - only the trailer button would raise the drive. The down button continued to work normally, although there was a rougher sound as the drive lowered.

2) Steering fluid started to leak from around the cap to the steering fluid reservoir. When you turn the wheel, you can here what sounds like air being forced through a small opening (a bubbling noise) coming from the reservoir.

Needless to say, I didn't go to the lake or even start the engine.

Anyone have any thoughts on what may be wrong? Why would the trim up button stop working? Why would there be a leak in the steering fluid?

Please help - the SR dealer here is way over priced compared to the last state I lived in.

Thanks..."

Brad:

Dragging the skeg 1.5

Brad:

Dragging the skeg 1.5' should only scratch the paint which has been my experience.

The TRIM button only raises the OD about 30% and I guess it was nearly there when you tried it.

Steering fluid bubbling out of the cap; have you worked on it lately? Air can be removed by turning the wheel from end to end several times.

Back