Logo

Engine wont idle or run wide open

ghayman

"Hello,I just bought a new 3.5

"Hello,I just bought a new 3.5 4 stroke tohatsu.Right out of the box found that motor would not stay running at the lowest throttle position,and at the three hour mark of the break in full throttle the motor would bog down and quit after about 20 sec. Motor restarts easy but always same results, Then motor starts to bog down and quit at all speeds at at different various time intervals? I really LIke the motor but it sure is Disappointing Any suggestion would be helpful thanks Gary"

"I hate to tell you this, but,

"I hate to tell you this, but, it's almost certainly going to be your fault. You have probably gotten some trash or water into the carburetor. Take it into any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer and they will determine the problem and fix it. If it is a problem with the engine...It's free. If it is due to your fuel...Be prepared for a bill."

"Thanks for your reply,Ireally

"Thanks for your reply,Ireally dont understand how it could be my fault,I used a brand new gas can,used gas from the same station that i use for my truck(never used any other station).Tried 89 oct first, then 91 oct."

Back