Logo

AQ151 Wonbt start

stownsend

"Afternoon All

I've got

"Afternoon All

I've got an AQ151A engine which I'm not able to start and was hoping for a few pointers in the right direct to get it going.

I've stripped it down and rebuilt it and have got to the stage where it turns over on the key, tries to start but never actually starts.

Having read quite afew posts, I think it may be relating to the carbs, I've taken them off, but not stripped them down fully, check the intake manifold, all the plugs spark OK, the fuel pump works fine (checked this by running a tube from a can of petrol, turned the engine over and watched it pull the fuel along the tube OK and got the fuel spirting when I undid the metal pipe leading into the carbs).

Is it worth stripping the carbs right down to check the needles etc.. or am I missing something easy ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Stu"

"My guess it is your timing...

"My guess it is your timing.....it may be out 180 degrees, or out a tooth. I would ensure the timing is correct before I ripped apart carbs.

Have a great day,

Rob."

"Another point, make sure the

"Another point, make sure the firing order is correct and in the right direction. Also check for spark. My guess is if there is spark, timing is correct, it will fire.

Have a great day,

Rob"

"Hi Rob

The timing is fine,

"Hi Rob

The timing is fine, all lined up and TDC etc... and order is correct, 1342. When turning over I don't see any fuel in the intake manifold.

Cheers

Stu"

Back