Logo

1975 Glastron V179

monksterman

Ahoy all boating fanatics...I

Ahoy all boating fanatics...I am currently restoring an old one and cannot put together the trim electrical connections that were disables by previous owner. Evidently they were in the process of changing it out and left it for me to finish. Its just a project for me as i am retired and need to have something to piddle with. The dash switch has a 3 position toggle...the solenoid is attached to the hydrolic pump....It looks fairly simple but I cant for the life of me figure out what color goes where on what...Any body throw me a lifeline?? Thanks

"ahoy, some more engine, drive

"ahoy, some more engine, drive info would help. I'll look and get back. did you mean toggle? most then used three push buttons"

"Gary,

welcome aboard! Fir

"Gary,

welcome aboard! First thing you need to do,,, <u>buy a manual</u>! They all have wiring diagrams with wire colors. Any project will be much less frustrating if you get it right the first time once in a while!

Bob"

"yes I have a toggle switch o

"yes I have a toggle switch on the dash And yes I have a manual Bob but my problem is the wires that the manual show are not there From what I can see....the manual shows (Clymer...Mercruiser Stern Drive Shop Manual 1964-1985) a single selonoid system but there are discrepancies from what I have. IE trim limit switch. And , due to the pitiful graphics I cant really tell what is what on the solenoid. So I am confused...The dash toggle has no red wire but purple. Its my guesss that the Key on Power purple will be sufficien..What do yu think?
Thanks sorry for the trouble but Im sinking fast.
GAry"

Back