Logo

Rodchestor carb vs Mercarb

hutchusmc

I have 3.0 mercrusier and I am

I have 3.0 mercrusier and I am replacing the carburetor and had a question. My boat calls for both the mercarb and the rodchestor carburetor. Does it make difference on which one I put as long as the throttle body matches up with the intake right? The big difference is the rodchestor is about $300 and the mercarb is $500. If anyone can help answer this question thanks in advance.

I have a 1970 with a Rodcheste

I have a 1970 with a Rodchester 2 barrel. It the original equipment. never had any problems. And there are more shops that can tune the rodchester because they really haven't changed too much over the years. I'd go rodchester. either way though you'll probably get the same response and speed.

"They're basically the sam

"They're basically the same, but don't go using an AUTO carb. That's dangerous.

Jeff"

Yes there is a differece. The

Yes there is a differece. The bolt pattern on Exaust manifold is different.......I just had that problem bought a brand new mercarb and brand new manifold intalled the manifold went to bolt up mercarb didn't fit. So i had the guy send me a Rochester. This way didn't have to take manifold back off.

Well hopefully I won't hav

Well hopefully I won't have to spring for the mercarb cause of the price I already ordered the rodchestor anyway. Do you think I could use the throttlebody off of the mercarb and put it on the rodchestor????

"..."Yes there is a differ

"..."Yes there is a differece. The bolt pattern on Exaust manifold is different"

Then you got the wrong Rpchester--they made several sizes. The "big cars" from GM used the larger sizes, where the Chevies (like a 283/ 307) used the smaller size. They do LOOK the same.

Jeff

PS: Brian is correct when he said the bolt pattern on the "exhaust manifold" was different, for the carb bolts to it on this unique engine."

Back