Logo

Crown m7 transmission

jeffro

"Hi,
I am working on a restor

"Hi,
I am working on a restored 46 Garwood with a crown sm7, ser 28503 that i am trying to id what transmission is in it. I have found pictures of crown engines that have the same trans, but I havent found info of the trans, just the engines. I am also looking for service manuals and operating manuals to have for the customer on both the trans and engine. I cannot find a ID tag anywhere on the trans.

The current problem is very limited forward, reverse is fine, but the trans feels like its slipping above 1500 rpm. I will check keyways tomorrow, and make sure its not the prop or linkage. i also need to know how to check the transmission oil. A plate says there is a dipstick, but I dont want to start loosening stuff till in have some info!
Thanks in advance for any info!"

If it's the trans I'm

If it's the trans I'm thinking of it has an adjustable forward clutch. Remove the top cover or hydraulic unit if so equipped. Rotate the clutch by hand until you see the bolt. bend back the locking washer and remove the bolt. Rotate the clutch to the next bolt hole and reassemble. Try another run. repeat as necessary.

Back