Logo

A bunch of questions 30L

russ0943

Regular Contributor
"The drive clicks and does not

"The drive clicks and does not go into gear when I engage it. What is the first thing to do?

Is the button on the PIVOT of the shift lever suppose to do something when I push it in? It says throttle right below it but it does nothing when I push it in. (I'm gonna feel like an idiot if it is just a cover of some sort)

Anyone have a good way of dealing with ant infestation? Right now i'm point and shoot everytime I see some.

I have a handheld jump start thing that you carry around for emergencies. If I plug it into the wall like I am going to charge it, then turn it on like I am going to jump someone off, then hook the cables up to a battery...will it charge it? (My guess would be yes but the last thing I need is a battery exploding on me)

My boat is a 94 SeaRay 170, 3.0L, Alpha Gen II."

When you push the button in an

When you push the button in and move the throttle forward it revs the engine up but in Nuetral. The button allows you to disengage the drive selector cable.

Niiice...lol...I was back ther

Niiice...lol...I was back there pushing like hell on the throttle linkage to rev it up. I'll give this new found method a try tomorrow.

"The shifting problem is proba

"The shifting problem is probably an adjustment in the cable. On the to of the motor, there are two cables, one is from the shifter, the other goes to the outdrive. There is a finbe line in setting these. I would take the boat to a trust worthy marina to get them adjusted. If you don't, the first thing to go is the clutch dog and after that is the rest of the gears in the lower unit. If you don't do it now, you might as well order a new lower unit.
\"

"lol, sure. This forum isn&#3

"lol, sure. This forum isn't for people who will accept the answer of...just take it to a mechanic. I fixed it myself anyways, works great now."

Back