Logo

Suzuki 90hp 4 stroke DF90 maintenance manual

C

CJStarling

Does anyone know where I can f

Does anyone know where I can find a service/maintenance manual for this motor? I'm new to boating and did a lot of research on this particular motor and bought a pontoon (2004)with this engine. Need the oil/filter and the lower unit oil changed but not sure how....yet.

"I am looking for one myself,i

"I am looking for one myself,if You find one let me
know please!!!"

where is the oil filter locate

where is the oil filter located on the DF90?

"I have a 2002 Suzuki DF90 4-s

"I have a 2002 Suzuki DF90 4-stroke, EFI outboard which gets gas (1 qt in 20 hours of op) in the engine oil. I changed the lo pres fuel pump. Still have the prob. Poor setting of compression rings during breakin seems best bet now. Best info I have is to use a higher temp thermostat, 4-stroke 25W40 oil and run it hard. Suzuki manual specifies 10W40 and no comment on using any other oil or the hi temp thermostat. Further, I am told to keep using with what ever type of oil I start with but don't know why. I can go the 25W40 route or forget the thermostat, put new 10W40 oil in it and run it hard. If I go the 25W40, I want to change back later to the original thermostat and 10W40.

I am looking for help, advice, pros and cons, dos and don'ts on which way to go and whether there could be problems in changing back later."

"I have a 2002 DF90 and a serv

"I have a 2002 DF90 and a service manual. If you do any work on your engine yourself, it is gold. Brownspoint Marine Service has them for about $70. I have also found websites which provide free downloads of instruction manuals. I downloaded one for my digital camera but a Suzuki manual may not be the type of manual free for the downloading."

What kind of oil should I use

What kind of oil should I use in my 2006 Suzuki DF90 outboard? Is it necessary to use full synthetic?

Back