Logo

Mercruiser 30 Trim problem

canaltrash

I put my boat 2001 Bayliner 18

I put my boat 2001 Bayliner 185 with a Mercruiser 3.0 in the water Saturday. unfortunately the Trim went dead on the boat and now the outdrive is trimmed all the way down. so boat is still in water. Is there an override so I can get the outdrive up and pull out of water? what should I check first? blown fuse maybe?

"Look for any fuses and the co

"Look for any fuses and the connector near the trim pump. Make sure the connector is plugged in completely as well as the relays. Swap the relays and see if they are getting voltage.

If you have a multi-meter, you can check the trim sensors, relays, fuses and/or breakers.

Did you try using the trailering switch?"

"I would look at the relays on

"I would look at the relays on/near the pump There's a diagram on the relay for the tabs on the relay. Look at 30 for 12V, 85 and 86 are for the relay coil and if one of them normally sees 12V, the other should see ground. Looking at the relay socket wires will tell you which is + and which is grounded. 87 is the output from the relay to the pump motor.

Go to the boat harness (on the starboard side of the engine compartment) and make sure it's plugged in completely."

Back