Logo

2000 model MCM 30L Sterndrive starter clicking

ol_brother_dave

"Late in the year last year, I

"Late in the year last year, I would have trouble getting the starter to activate when the key was turned. I would keep trying and eventually it would start properly. I'm getting it ready for the upcoming season and when I tried to start it, all I'm hearing is a clicking sound. I've read several post on similar problems, just wanted to make sure we were dealing with the same engine. They mentioned the Slave Solenoid. I'm getting 12.6+ volts at the starter and the yellow/red wire going into the Slave Sol.(front center post,not the small post at the top). Any suggestions would be appreciated."

"I just jumped from the large

"I just jumped from the large yellow/red to the smaller yellow/red wires on the slave and hit the starter and it fired right up. Tried it a couple of more times, starting each time with no problem. Unhooked the jumper and it has started several times since with no problems. I think I may go ahead and order a slave solenoid just to have on board if needed. It's not that big a deal to change out. Now this is a good site,,, I set right here and worked my way right thru the problem. Just wanted to post this though in case someone else ran across the same incident. This really is a nice site and I thank you for having it available."

Back