Logo

Crusader 454 xli 320hp

P

peterkolar

95 tiara with 300hrs. After ru

95 tiara with 300hrs. After running at WOT for aprox 10 seconds the port check engine light comes on an d I notice a slight drop of power. Temp and oil press ok. I shut down engine restart light is off and motor runs fine. this happens every time. I'm not interested at runnig at WOT but would like know what is causing this.

"Is that an all electronic dea

"Is that an all electronic deal? A goofy sensor could cause the nuisance trip, then put the motor into "Limp Home" mode.
Clearing all that by a restart would eliminate the problem--until next nuisance trip.

Jeff"

"Pete,

Does the engine run

"Pete,

Does the engine run good at WOT after the first occurance? It is possible that you are going into "Knock" mode at WOT. This would most likely be caused by a lean condition due to a fuel restriction. Although you don't often run at WOT, it is still something that should be looked into since it will eventually cause a major problem. For a nominal fee a tech can tell you what the problem is. Even though you reset the light, the computer stores the fault information so it can be retreived at a later date. You may find it is a nuisance trip as Jeff said, but it could also be something much worse. Something that could easily be corrected before it does real damage. If you check your manual, it explains how to check the code yourself. It will not give you much detail, but it might be enough to put your mind a ease.

Good luck
Rick"

Back