Logo

Yamaha 225 0il pump

don_q

"i have a 2002 yam 225 the rem

"i have a 2002 yam 225 the remote oil tank wont pump up to the motor tank , the pump will when i use the remote pump switch on the motor. but when runing it wont pump and keep the small tank full, so i have to remove the cowling and hold the switch on to fill tank. i replaced the remote tank and pump but it still wont ativate the remote pump when the oil level drops in the engine tank. anybody out there had this problem, or knows what it could be? thanks don."

I'm having the same proble

I'm having the same problem with a 99 yam SX150. I can fill the small tank with the remote switch but I don't see that going on forever. Mechanic says I have to replace the ECM because the "control" for the pump is in there but it's about 1800. for the ECM so I'm looking for another answer - hate to trouble shoot this by "hit or miss" solutions.
Any ideas? Thanks - Lyn

"hi lyn, i talked to a friend

"hi lyn, i talked to a friend that workes at a yamaha dealership, he said that 99% of the ones they get in are corosion where the remote tank wire harness hooks up. get a small wire brush , clean it up and then spray some good dielectric grease in there and maby it will solve your problem.im going to do mine, let you know how it turns out. thanks don q."

Back