Logo

Distributor Maintenance

thostorey

Regular Contributor
"AQ151C - I don't know wha

"AQ151C - I don't know what dizzy I have; it does not look much like the Bosch in the Seloc manual. I would like to lubricate and clean the centrifugal weights but I can see no obvious way to get at them without disassembling the whole dizzy and, as I have the Hot Spark installed, I'm in no hurry to do that. I've applied lots of electrical contact cleaner fluid and blown under the plates best I could with compressed air.

Any suggestions on how to get some lube on the weights and what kind to use? I understand that WD40 is not a good option although I'm not sure why.

Here are 2 view of the dizzy. Note the marking on the shaft. Can anyone identify the make?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20r3ay8&s=4

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1238mpz&s=4

Tom"

"Tom, fear not, your dizzy is

"Tom, fear not, your dizzy is a Bosch.
biggrin.gif

To reach the centrifugal weights, you have to remove the HotSpark module and the plate to which the module is attached."

"Yes, I had come to the 'r

"Yes, I had come to the 'removal' conclusion Eduardo. So I decided to first try to free things up with a cleaner/lube called 'inox'.

www.inox-mx3.com

Reason for all this is that my timing seems to vary a few degrees + or - when returning from higher rpm to idle rpm. I don't think that I've slipped a timing belt tooth because when things settle down the rotor still points to the #1 plug wire. It makes calibrating the new Weber more interesting than it should be."

"Ahh, the Hot spark strikes ag

"Ahh, the Hot spark strikes again! Yes Tom I am as cheep as you and bought the lower priced Hot Spark and watched the timing wander. I bought the Pertonix and have not had any problem with the timing since. There are alot of pos and neg posts online. I think it may be hit or miss if you get a good or a bad one. Like yor father told you, " You get what you pay for"!
Harvey"

"You figure that's what is

"You figure that's what is doing it Harvey? I never thought of that. I didn't buy the HS so much because of the price but because I thought it was the same thing as the Pertronics system, probably made in the same garage somewhere in China. If others are having the same issue, I'll happily change it out to the Pertronics!

Lots of Hot Spark out there..anyone else with the module having similar symptoms?? Tom"

Back