Logo

Volvo penta QL trim system

fish69er

"Has any one tried one of thes

"Has any one tried one of these set-ups. I have a 19' bayliner capri with a aq 125b and a 270 out drive, And i was wondering if one of these set ups would work for me."

"Never tried them, but they se

"Never tried them, but they seem to get good reviews. I installed Bennett trim tabs on my 22' (also on my old 17.5') and I am very pleased with how they work."

"I have installed 3 weeks ago.

"I have installed 3 weeks ago.
Little bit scary installation as you have to drill 32mm hole in transom below water line, so I wasnt happy doing this.

Electrc installation very straight forward and easy, nice and simple console panel.

I have 31ft boat and before trim tabs she "tried" to planning at 16 knots, where 19 is max what I can do. After installation plaanning speed dropped to 11-12 knots so I was supprised and happy.

I have got installed fuel flow meters, so could watch fuel consumption before and after installation. At this point improved just a little bit.

I founded boat diffrent behaviours with trim tabs, so first 3 times she supprised me couple of times, for example on rough weather when she was leaning to one side, one tab went above water so she turn unexpectedly.
I think normal trim tabs wouldnt do this so immediatelly as they cause much much less drag then QL tabs.

But after few more session how she behave, handling boat is easier than before."

Back