Logo

AQ125adipstick tube broke

G

glenk

Reopening this discussion from

Reopening this discussion from the archives.

My dipstick tube is broken off right at the block. Any suggestions on how to remove the piece of the tube remaining in the block so a new tube can be installed?

Thanks.

"Did it break off flush with t

"Did it break off flush with the block, or is there a lip extending? I would try using a pair of needle nose vise-grips to see if you can wrangle it free. If it is flush with the block you may need to send something down the tube to grab it from the lip within. Try bending a small 'hook' onto a long, thin screw driver. I have done this to remove small bearings before. Good luck."

"Not sure how strong that meta

"Not sure how strong that metal is with that tube, but if your break is flush, could use an awl (or small screwdriver) to get between the rim of the hole there, bend out an area and allow slim nosed pliers to get a pinch grip. You can buy a set of hooked seal tools at NAPA's cheap tool baskets for $4 if that might help.

Being newbie to this engine and boats, the other day I spent 20 minutes looking for the dipstick on my AQ125A, thinking, where is it...and realized it's gone...and found there's a bolt in the hole. I guess they tried to make the engine like a maintenance free battery?
lol.gif
I just hope there's nothing but oil in there..that the bolt went in there before water did. And that there's oil in there at all."

Back