Logo

Starter on Mercruiser 3L 2006

A

Alastair Thirsk

"switched engine off after run

"switched engine off after running for about 1 hour, When I tried to start it again it would beep and click but not start. checked all the usual, Battery, connections, trips ect but would still not start. gave the starter motor a hit with a hammer and still nothing. After about half a hour tried it again and it started but made a large clunking noise. Will this be the starter motor jamming? and do I need to lubricate it and how do I do that?. Any Ideas please"

"No lube points on the starter

"No lube points on the starter.

Make sure you have checked your grounds from the battery to the engine and all cable connections. You might need a starter. When they go bad, sometimes they will hang up when hot but work again when cold. No idea on the clunk. Might have been the starter engaging.

Side note - when you are in the no start mode, try and roll the motor over by hand (with the key off) - just to make sure it isn't locked up due to water injestion from a bad manifold or something.

My thoughts.
Hays"

"MistaHays:

We don't he

"MistaHays:

We don't hear from you very much. It must be the new boat and all the chicks keeping you busy.
thumbs_up.gif
"

Back