Logo

Water leak at around outdrive

jarhead83

Yesterday I noticed taking on

Yesterday I noticed taking on more water than normal.once boat out of water saw water coming out around stern unit.whats the best way to reseal around unit?thanks

"where you put the bullet anno

"where you put the bullet annode`s? 1 on each side?
do you mean where the transom housing joins the transom of the boat?
Unless the boats transom is already completely rotted away internally,I`d look elseware for leakage. gimbal boot, shift boot, etc."

"are the bolts behind the bull

"are the bolts behind the bullet annodes loose?? mine loosened up some how or maybe they where always loose and just never noticed, anyways I had to tighten them up alot and it stopped leaking.. if your are loose and you tighten them up and it doesn't stop leaking there is a seal behind the housing between it and the transome it may need replaced...."

"I had the same problem, turne

"I had the same problem, turned out to be the bottom port side bolt on the transom plate was completly corroded through and water was coming in through the bolt hole. I thought it was just loose but when I went to tighten it the nut just fell off with half the bolt on it. Apparently both the lower bolts are supposed to have annodes on them but mine only had an annode on the starboard side plug."

"Apparently both the lower bol

"Apparently both the lower bolts are supposed to have annodes on them but mine only had an annode on the starboard side plug.
Starboard side BOLT I meant, Doh!!!"

Back