Logo

Nissan 6HP 4 stroke

krolls2000

"I just bought this motor and

"I just bought this motor and took it out today. If it matters I bought it online from a Tennessee dealer ($1210) and the "dealer checklist" was packaged with the motor but was blank. I was told that the engine was test run at the factory but they didn't look far enuff I guess. This motor will not idle. It'll start with the choke full on (I see that the choke linkeage overrides the regular throttle linkage) but when warmed up (3-4 min per instructions) the engine dies when the choke is pushed in (and the linkage becomes dependent on the twist-throttle). The vent is open on the external tank so it's not drawing a vacuum. I was able to get it out on the water and it ran fine at mid-throttle but never would idle. I'm a bit bummed out that this little pearl has turned into a a stinker right out of the box. BTW this is my very first outboard motor (boo-hoo, I know).
Mr. Bill (Bummed out in NC)"

It sounds like your fuel was c

It sounds like your fuel was contamminated with trash or water and it has blocked your low speed jet in your carburetor. Clean your carburetor and try it again. Each engine is test run at the factory before packaging so dealers almost never test run them prior to delivery.

Thank you Guru. Is this simpl

Thank you Guru. Is this simple enough to just "wing it" or do I need a kit? Carb cleaner? Will my doing that void/alter my warranty? Just a bit anxious not to cross any lines I ought not to. A manual or pictorial of the carb would be useful. Can I download one online? Best Regards

"Wing it. Commercial carb clea

"Wing it. Commercial carb cleaner is available from any auto parts store in one gallon cans....You must disassemble the carb and dip the body to clean it. Any kind of spray cleaner is too weak to do any good. It won't violate the warranty unless you manage to break something. You can download a free parts book from our website at www.internetoutboards.com."

T.G.--- Mine is a 2008 NSF6B2

T.G.--- Mine is a 2008 NSF6B2 (Nissan) closest listing on the parts book page is a 2005 MFS6B (Tohatsu) Are these carbs the same? Thanks

Same thing. The year is almost

Same thing. The year is almost never important as Tohatsu uses model number changes when they make a design change.

Back