Logo

Clarifacation on Merc

kenr07

I guess being new to boating i

I guess being new to boating i am a bit retarded... I have posted that when up on plane with a slight turn or full turn or any turning of the wheel i here an awful vibration i mean it growls at you... Okay everyone says its either the gimbel bearing or the u joints... Well what i need clarity on is the break down for the lower unit on the Gimbel housing and internalworks has got me confused do i need a Gimbel ring or do i need a trip sender bearing there is a big difference in price so could one of you guys that have forgot more than i will ever know lend me a hand and clear this up for me >??

nevermind i am a big idiot i r

nevermind i am a big idiot i read into things to much the gimbel ring is the ring that holds all of that anyways thanks for your thoughts though!

Kenny:

If the bearing is ba

Kenny:

If the bearing is bad it will change noise level w/RPMs. At idle you can feel the bearing thru the gimbal ring where you grease it from the starboard stern. There is a zerk grease fitting at the 3:00 O'clock position when facing the stern from behind. Put you hand on the outer hsg. and you'll feel the bearing as it rolls over a rough spot on the race or worn roller balls.

Back