Logo

I take my hat off to a very clever man

"I joined this forum today, be

"I joined this forum today, because I have a boat with a Volvo Penta engine.
I have been reading posts on here as a guest for probably two weeks and have swiftly come to the conclusion that El Pescador is a VERY knowledgeable and very useful man on this discussion board.
I would like to thank him for his expertise and the way he answers just about every cry for help.
I too have problems with my engine, but I am methodically going through everything that I know, and everything I read on here to try to eliminate the problem. When I run out of ideas I will post and no doubt El Pescador will come up with a solution.
Keep up the good work

Best Regards

Bill"

"I agree. Not only clever and

"I agree. Not only clever and wise in the way of volvo penta engines, but even more important, willing to share his wisdom with those of us in desparation.

Thanks from all of us."

"Thank you for your kind words

"Thank you for your kind words, gentlemen. I admit it is a good feeling knowing that the suggestions I put forward seem to work more often than not.
biggrin.gif
"

"Here! here!

While I'

"Here! here!

While I'm off the water this summer with the boat in the garage collecting dust, I still read the boards here daily to learn what I can.

Thanks El Pescador for your continued support here on the VP boards. I'm grateful of your willingness to help, the world is a better place thanks to you, one fix at at time.

Also, not to take anything away from El(maybe I should start a new thread
crazy.gif
) but thanks to the others as well who contribute with their extensive knowledge and experience.

Take care,
Lode"

"One of the first things i lea

"One of the first things i learnt as i was introduced to boating through a friend's family years ago, was that sea going people had a different code where helping each other out was concerned. and although it is not always strictly followed, El and some of the others really show us this good nature. Thanks much. and i hope as we learn from them we could pass the knowledge on.
cheers
Pernell
Triniman"

"The amount of help I have rec

"The amount of help I have recieved in a short time from this board El included has been tremendous. I have recieved free parts, great deals and a reassurance you can't get from manuals alone. Thank you."

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
thumbs_up.gif
Without a doubt, El has to be the most knowledgeable, generous, friendly person I have ever encountered when it comes to boat engines and the like. Unlike so many others, he openly shares this knowledge and experience without any "attitude". Thanks El!"

"I agree totally. Willing to

"I agree totally. Willing to share his wisdom with others in a very helpful way. He has helped me a great deal with my issues. He was the one who convinced me to buy Pertronix, and I am glad that I did.

I am waiting for a work trip that takes me to his part of the Island so I can buy him a beer.

Thanx again for all your help ElPescador. Greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,

Rob."

I also have to put in a big TH

I also have to put in a big THANKS El Pescador as well.

Mike

I agree with all of you concer

I agree with all of you concerning El Pescador. I came on this forum looking for help over a year ago and E.P. has always been there with some great answers and solutions. He's got an excellent fund of knowledge concerning Volvo Pentas and a great attitude and willingness to share it.
Guys like E.P. make forums like these work and work very well. THANKS AGAIN E.P.!! Keep up the good work.

P.S. There's a lot of others on this forum who also make it an excellent place to learn and share knowledge and experience relating to our Volvo Penta powered boats! THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE HERE! It's appreciated.

"Dennis, I think you hit the n

"Dennis, I think you hit the nail on the head. The forum is all of us, not just one person, and this is what it makes it great. There are many other major contributors like Morten, Mike, Bob D, yourself, Robj, and a long etc who are always ready and willing to contribute, and all of you deserve the credit as well. And of course, let us not forget about the many participants who keep picking our collective brains with their boating problems, for how could we put forward solutions if there were no problems? As George Bernard Shaw once said, <font color=""0000ff"">If there were nothing wrong in the world, there wouldn't be anything for us to do.</font>
biggrin.gif

Cheers to all."

Back