Logo

SOLENOID

tolan

"CHANGEING OUT A SOLENOID AND

"CHANGEING OUT A SOLENOID AND MY NEW PART , HAS A( I) AND A( S) ON THE BASE. THE OLD ONE DOES NOT. HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE THE PART UPSIDE DOWN. THANKS A LOT MIKE. 1978 GM MCM165"

"Do you see it here? #15 or #

"Do you see it here? #15 or #15A; click in the left column for 15A and see if that is what you have. Small studs are for energizing voltage from key switch and ground. Large studs are for high amp wires from battery to starter. Says starter solenoid but the starter has its own so it has to be the slave. I=Ignition S=Starter??

Just install it the way the other one was installed.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_Pictures3.asp?dnbr=%2057569&ivar=images/CRUI SER/57569/2.png&inbr=983&bnbr=0&bdesc=WIRING+HARNESS+AND+STARTER+SOLENOID"

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUY. MY PA

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUY. MY PART #18-5815. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS SLAVE CAN BE MOUNTED EITHER WAY
ALL I NEED IS ONE CORRECT STUD AND THEN A CAN MOUNT SAME AS THE OLD.. CAN A DO MUCH DAMAGE TO REVERSE I AND S. I ASSUME I CAN BE IN A WORLD OF HURT. THANKS AGAIN. MIKE

"Mount it w/ the big studs up.

"Mount it w/ the big studs up. It's only a single pole relay so it does not matter which stud you use for the 2 wires that go there just as-long-as there is only one wire on each side and not 2 together. This solenoid is sending battery voltage to the starter solenoid when the ignition key is turned to start. When you are done, put some insulator caps on top of the studs so it won't accidentally get shorted and try to start."

i cant get my trim up down to

i cant get my trim up down to work goes up not down

"jump the lower solenoid large

"jump the lower solenoid large studs together; if it works, replace both solenoids since the other one will go out soon enough."

Back