Logo

Ibm clueless about boats but would love to help my bf outhelp please

amysuecowden

"Hi everyone! as the subject

"Hi everyone! as the subject says I'm clueless about boats, but I really want to help my boyfriend out. This is the third boat he's had, 1st one got all redone and stored in a family friends garage, needless to say that "friend" burnt his garage and didnt give a sent of insurance money to bf. anyway, he recently traded his quad for this boat, i believe its a 90 ringer, the kid told him it needed new head gasket. He figured it wasn't to bad, drained all the oil mixed with water out, swore he heard knocking so he tore into it today and saw a cracked block. I believe he said it was the short block? I was just wondering if you really have to buy a new engine and if so does anyone know of anywhere fairly cheap to buy a used one. I'm going to buy him one if he needs a new one if I can find one before him lol. I just feel bad, he can't ever get ahead in life. thanks to all that do reply!

(oh by the way, its a 3.0 Mercruiser engine, 140hp.)"

"Ayuh,...

If the Block is C

"Ayuh,...

If the Block is Cracked,+ It Knocking,....
I'd say you need a new Motor....

ebay is a good place to search for a 3.0l,...
Google might Help too...."

Amy:

If you want him to ask

Amy:

If you want him to ask you to marry him (just kiddin') then buy him a complete drop-in engine. It costs a little more but it is a plug in and play engine. If I find any I'll shoot you an email. You need to make sure the engine you buy fits the outdrive model on the boat. Do you mean 1990 Rinker?

"He is a hands on guy thats in

"He is a hands on guy thats into boats and has YOU as a girlfriend, He IS way ahead on Life.
Good luck-Get him the engine and go have fun on the water
Chris"

Back