Logo

PCM 351 Transmission LeakingSlips

The fun continues. Eliminated

The fun continues. Eliminated the water in fuel problem and had about four hours on the lake. The tranny started to slip after about three hours of boating/pulling skiers. There was definitely tranny oil in the bilge. I was able to get back to shore but the tranny slipped the whole way back. Am I hosed or can I look for the leak and flush the fluid? Also does it need to be pumped out or can I drain it somehow?

I had the same problem last ye

I had the same problem last year but mine would only last about a mile before slipping. guess it overheats and blows fluid out the breather tube. Had to pull tranny out and get it rebuilt so I sent it to Fantastic Finish Marine in Ohio.

"One last note...I am mechanic

"One last note...I am mechanically capable and have a 1987 Ski Centurion with 351 PCM with the Borg and Warner 1:1 tranny in my boat. I would definitely prefer to rebuild the tranny myself, but where do I get parts and manual to do so??? Does anyone have a manual for this procedure? Thanks everyone for all of the help!

Christian"

I flushed the fluid and replac

I flushed the fluid and replaced with fresh. The boat ran fine again for about an hour and a half. I was pulling a tuber and had a couple good pulls for wakeboarding. I checked the bilge periodically to look for tranny fluid. It finally slipped again and I saw fluid all over the bilge. Could it just be my tranny cooler that is busted?

When you rebuild do you tear t

When you rebuild do you tear the whole thing apart and replace with new parts or can you do just the clutch...etc...whatever it needs. Also how much money would one save over having it rebuilt. I am getting quotes of around $800 for a rebuild.

Back