Logo

Plug wires

R

rocman

"anyone know where i can get a

"anyone know where i can get a set ,without buying them through volva penta ."

"the bosch wires i notice that

"the bosch wires i notice that the ends fitting on the plugs are metal does this matter,tks"

"yes your right tks!,well i&#3

"yes your right tks!,well i'm stumped and about to give up, i'v tried just about everything,i replaced the coil, the distributor cap, the rotor,the points, the plug wires and plugs,carb kit,starter alternator and this thing is still shutting down after a few minutes of running,she starts up no prob,then the rpms go up and down,she bogs and quits,then she floods and she won't start until i let her sit for awhile ,sorry i'm long winded but i haaave to vent!"

"Have you adjusted the idle mi

"Have you adjusted the idle mixture and idle speed correctly? And the ignition timing?

Also, when (if ) the engine quits on you because of flooding, just put the control lever at 3/4 throttle, then crank until the engine starts, then immediately back the lever to idle.

I think I already said that a Pertonix (or HotSpark) electronic ignition kit will likely eliminate most of the ignition related idling/starting problems typical of your engine. Just look at what other posters have to say."

"i'm going to take your ad

"i'm going to take your advice about the eletronic iginition,it's the only thing pretty much i didn't do,Also the idle mixture and the idle speed are there specs for these settings? The ignition timing would cause her to bog and quit after warm up.when she quit the last time i noticed there wasn't any fire from my coil wire,which would cut the fire off to my wires could this also cause her to bog and quit."

"Another thing: have you synch

"Another thing: have you synchronized the carbs? If not, I suggest yo get a uni-syn tool and synchronize them."

Back