Logo

Volvo Penta Instruments Hour Meter

rayleoni

"After 10 years of service the

"After 10 years of service the hour meter on my TAMD41 diesel stopped operating. The display is blank when the engine is running. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated. Also, is the revolution counter that contains the hour meter a replaceable instrument without purchasing the entire instrument panel?

Thanks for any help,

Ray"

Yes the tacho should be availa

Yes the tacho should be available as a separate part. all the components of all the instrument panels are listed separately.

I am not sure I have found the correct parts list for yours but I have found two possible part numbers 864022 and 854912. One may be the version without an hour meter and I don't guarantee either is correct.

A cheap fix is to get a simple hour meter and connect it across the positive (red and blue wire) and the negative (black wire) terminals of the tacho. (including a fuse of course)

I take it the tacho is working OK

"VicS,

Thanks for the sugge

"VicS,

Thanks for the suggestion about installing a separate hour meter that solution did not occur to me. Today I turned on the ignition and found the hour meter was displaying total hours and apparently it was correctly accumulating hours even when it was not displaying them. The tachometer does function OK as do the other instruments in the Volvo Penta panel.

Volvo recommended that I replace the entire panel; so much for helpful advice!"

"The hour clock on my volvo so

"The hour clock on my volvo sometimes goes blank during winter. i take the clock home for a week or two and store in a warm and dry place. always works for me, i also added a 2nd clock."

"I also added a second (se

"I also added a second (service interval) clock, as my digital timer readout works on/off all the time... but its still working even if display is blank. TAMD40A"

Back