Logo

Rod Stewart need your help

dave_n

Regular Contributor
"Rod,
A couple of weeks ago y

"Rod,
A couple of weeks ago you posted something about how you wired your Alpha shift interrupt switchs on your 6.2's.

If I'm not mistaken, you said that you wired it so that it opened the pink/white coil trigger circuit that goes from the coil to the ECM.

The wiring diagram I have shows that the pink/white wire is actually the power for both the coil and coil driver and goes to splice 108 in the wire harness, not the ECM. It shows the coil trigger circuit being white/light green and going from the coil to the coil driver.

Can you clarify for me please.

Thanks,
Dave"

"Dave
I'm the one that Ro

"Dave
I'm the one that Rod was telling how to wire it. I wired mine like that, with the white/pink wire and it works good.

Jeff"

"Jeff,
Can you verify what ci

"Jeff,
Can you verify what circuit that is? Does it connect to the coil or the coil driver, and what terminal does it connect to (A,B,C, or D)?

Dave"

"Dave
The wires are plugged

"Dave
The wires are plugged in to the coil. There are two Wht with Grn stripe and one Pink with Wht stripe, you use the pink/wht wire. What engine do you have and what year?"

"Thanks Jeff,
It's not ac

"Thanks Jeff,
It's not actually my engine. I'm an independant marine tech here in Newport Beach, and I've run into this problem a couple of times and just trying to find out what the best solution is.

Thanks,
Dave"

No problem Dave. If you need m

No problem Dave. If you need more answers about the terminals etc. Rod would know more. Good luck

"Dave;
Jeff is correct.
That

"Dave;
Jeff is correct.
That is how my 6.2 is wired to the interrupt switch and it works well.
The pink/white wire runs from the +12 volt splice #108 to pin A of the coil driver plug. The switch is wired in series into this wire.
The switch needs to be an NC type, whereas the older switches are NO.
The reference wiring diagram is on page 4D-7 of SM 31.

Sorry I did not see this earlier; I was away for a few days on a biking trip.

Rod"

"Rod,
Thanks for the clarific

"Rod,
Thanks for the clarification. Those are exactly the details I was hoping to get. Hope I can return the favor some time.

Dave"

"Dave;
No worries; your input

"Dave;
No worries; your input on this site regarding EFI engines has been invaluable.
EFI's are not well known or understood by most of us, myself included, but we need to get up to speed, as they will replace all carbed engines before long.
For example, Harley introduced its first EFI bikes only a few years ago; now they are about the only thing you can buy.

Rod"

Back