Logo

1989 Evinrude 50 HP Problems

mxzeatr

"Hi all,
I had an issue w/my

"Hi all,
I had an issue w/my 94 that was fixed thanks to some guys on here. Now my Dad has an issue that I thought we might get some help with.

His motor won't rev, it idles fine and drives fine with less then 1/4 throttle, even on the hoist with no load you can not rev the motor with the throttle. The motor acts like it cuts out, chugging like crazy and it shakes back and forth quite vilontly.

Here is what we've done to date. Replaced fuel lines and filter, rebuilt fuel pump, tried my fuel tank, put clamps on fuel lines in motor to try and stop air leaks, and of course cleaned the carbs like 5 times. We are at a loss, and he's had it to a shop once, obviously they didn't know what they were doing! The compression is also 105 psi in each cylinder so I don't think that's the problem. Also replaced plugs."

The spark with the plug out an

The spark with the plug out and grounded was very good looking. Don't have a tester to check spark while motor is running. Is there another way to check this other then a spark tester? I will pass this along to my Dad.

Back