Logo

2000 Johnson 25 bogging

M

Matt Haines

"Drove the boat 55 miles on th

"Drove the boat 55 miles on the lake and the boat died about 1 mile from the landing. I looked at all the carb adjustments on the motor and made sure they didn't move, and they didn't. The motor would run but once the roller would start to move off the cam it would start to bog. I pulled the choke/plunger/primer and it picked up back to plane. The next time I ran it for 35 miles and nothing happened. The next time it started out running bad. I then took it to the shop for them to check comp., spark, and clean the carbs. They checked everything and said it should run fine. It didn't but I can get it to run with the choke pulled out. Thought I may be the coils. Thoughts?"

"I read the post above from Er

"I read the post above from Eric Kretschmer, and it seems to be the same symptoms, but I just had the carb completely rebuilt by a dependable mechanic. Another interesting fact is I wanted to check for fuel delivery and pulled the discharge off of the primer/choke with it pulled out and at idle; fuel went everywhere and the motor still picked up. When I look in the carb with the motor in wot, there looks to be plenty of fuel going into the motor."

If the fuel pump diaphram had

If the fuel pump diaphram had a hole it would that allow too much fuel into the carb?

The mechanic that I had workin

The mechanic that I had working on it couldn't fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The next nearest shop is 50 miles away and has a three week wait. Joe? jwbmarine?

Back