Logo

Ignition coil for aq131c

R

rocman

"does anyone know if theres al

"does anyone know if theres already a resister built in the wiring harness,i have a new one to go on and this one has a built in risister,i don't want to put it on just in case,tks for any help!"

"From my perspective, the solu

"From my perspective, the solution to your problem is a simple 3-step process: 1) Install a new purple wire (AWG16) from the ignition key to the ignition coil; 2) Install a Pertronix 2842 electronic ignition kit and throw away the points and condenser; 3) Install a 3 ohm, 12V coil.

That worked for me and many others."

"just put new rotor,distributo

"just put new rotor,distributor,points on a few days ago,so i"ll have to wait until at least next spring before i go with the pertonix ignition kit.Just put new coil on today and she's still bogging down after she warms up,i checked my plugs ,the first one is clean but the next three are fouled,they seem to get worse from the second plug to the last one ,if i don't get this boat in the water soon,the wife is going to start planting flowers in it,could my wires be bad and jumping their fire ,i got a shock from one of them and with the plugs in i only got fire from the first one ,please help,i'm starting to give up hope ."

"Start up the engine, and pull

"Start up the engine, and pull off your p;ug wires one at a time with insulated pliers and gloves. Listen for a rpm change. If it changes once a wire is removed, then that hole is firing OK. If it does not then it is a dead hole and then start looking for the cause.

Have a great day,

Rob."

"When you get a "new to yo

"When you get a "new to you" boat, I think it is a good practice to start with a clean slate as far as practicable. This means compression test, new spark plugs, ignition wires, rotor, cap, points and condenser (yuck, I hate those things
biggrin.gif
), new timing belt, clean carbs, new fuel filter, idle speed and idle mixture adjusted, ignition timing adjusted, new raw water pump impeller, new raw water hose connector in the outdrive (unless the one you have looks really good), new alternator belt (if yours looks questionable), check/clean/replace the anti-syphon valve in the fuel tank,.... and a few other things that I may be forgetting.

If you got a shock from one of the ignition wires, this means the insulation is no good and you need new ones."

"Start up the engine, and pull

"Start up the engine, and pull off your p;ug wires one at a time with insulated pliers and gloves. Listen for a rpm change. If it changes once a wire is removed, then that hole is firing OK. If it does not then it is a dead hole and then start looking for the cause.

Have a great day,

Rob."

"the only thing i have yet to

"the only thing i have yet to replace that you mentioned is the water pump impeller,which will be replaced this week, would the wires foul my plugs ,and also would she bog down and quit when she warms up,tks alot for all the help in my whole experience of my first boat,my mechanical and electrical skills are much improved since i found this site, theres alot of talent out there."

"i hope its not the rings siez

"i hope its not the rings siezed,and if so is there a way i can free them without taken everything apart?"

Back