Logo

2000Yami250hp0X66 bogging issue

divelvr173

"Have a pair of 2000 Yami 250h

"Have a pair of 2000 Yami 250hp OX66 engines on a 35' Marlago. Both used to effortlessly tach up to 5000 rpm. Now the port engine starts,idles,and runs perfect up to approx 3700rpm then bogs out when given given more acceleration. Fuel filers/plugs are clean. Any ideas??"

Hey guys. Any more ideas? Ch

Hey guys. Any more ideas? Changed fuel lines coming to the port side and problem is still there. Also changed the 3 fuel pumps to no avail. Motor runs perfect up to 3200 rpm then falls totally flat. Does this cold or warm. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dear JIT
Local mechanic ch

Dear JIT
Local mechanic checked vst and hp filter. He states that one of the sensors is faulty and as a result should bring to YAMI for computer analysis. Any other thoughts? He feels a bad sensor is causing engine to idle back once in high rpm range over 3400 rpm

"Dear JIT
Hauling the boat

"Dear JIT
Hauling the boat to a certified Yamaha dealer will be a great inconvenience. Just might be easier 4 me to simply change sensors on my own. How many sensors are their? How difficult to change? Engine bogs out after approx 3400 rpm. Starts, idles, perfect. Bogging occurs on hot or cold engine. It is very persisitent. Any throttle after 3400 simply brings engine rpm down to approx 2000 rpm. ANy other ideas? I'm open to any suggestions even if you don't think it's the sensors!"

"Dear Just IN Time
The pro

"Dear Just IN Time
The problem is fixed and I owe you many thanks. The problem was the VST filter, as you originally stated. The tank was clean and the old filter looked fair, but replaced with a new one. The motor now runs aboslutely perfect. Thanks again. PS What is the maximum RPM on the motors? What should I cruise at? Should I change the other VST filter on the other engine even though it runs perfect>"

"well i sort of do this for a

"well i sort of do this for a living, LOL

got the owners manual, READ IT PLEASE
all maintenance charts are in there

problem on new or used boat owners, the sales guy know nothing about the motors!!"

Dear JIT:

Will do.

You n

Dear JIT:

Will do.

You nailed the problem head on right from the start.

It's a real pleasure dealing with you!

"Do you guys think the the fil

"Do you guys think the the filter on the HP pump in the VST goes bad from cleaning it we have one that needs cleaned about ever time we go to use it, also the check is valve is stuck each time, thinking about removing the check if possible.. Thanks"

"I HAVE 2000 YAMI 150HPDI IDLE

"I HAVE 2000 YAMI 150HPDI IDLES GOOD, RUNS AND NEVER STALLS BUT THE PROBLEM IS WHEN RUNINNG IT SEEMS TO CUT OFF FOR JUST A SPLIT SECOND AND CONTINUE ON LIKE NOTHING AND THEN DO IT AGAIN IT USED TO DO IT RARELY NOW IT DOES IT SO MUCH CANT EVEN USE THE BOAT PLEASE HELP WITH WHATEVER YOU CAN IM LOST///"

CHANGED FILTERS AND CLEANED WA

CHANGED FILTERS AND CLEANED WATER SEPARATOR AND CONTINUED DOING IT SO I DIDNT KNOW IF IT WAS SOME RELAY OVERHEATING

Back