Logo

Brown worange wire88 4 winns

baja170

"i have a 88 four winns 205 su

"i have a 88 four winns 205 sundowner, 260 sbc/mercruiser 350 4 bbl...still has factory controls and wiring, po had it since new before i bought it..i was looking for the brown w/white wire to check trim gauge,found it but also found brown w/orange wire hanging down by cluster that goes towards fuel tank along starboard side of engine, and it doesn't seem to have current flow......that gauge doesn't work right either, the fuel gauge...found trim wire, but....also found single eyelet on right side of intake, but didn't open loom to varify color...figure maybe this was old electrical choke maybe??? any info on these mystery wires would be great...this motor is 3rd counting factory original, although the wireing harness appears to be very un-butchered....i had this engine installed late last summer and have just now had time to get around to checking gauges...typical boater, it starts and i go when i can find time, but ready to start gauge upgrade project..."

"From what I can tell, the BRN

"From what I can tell, the BRN/ORN goes to the aft bilge pump."

"trim gauge i figured and foun

"trim gauge i figured and found the wiring for...the brown w/orange strip is the one i can't figure, and yes the fuel gauge id semi inoperative, it just moves off e when ignition is turned on...figureing it is maybe bad sensor..still have togo out and check color of other wire beside carb on starboard side of engine...it's the one i think maybe old electric choke...that's all the further it will strech from factory loom, and has eyelet on end...thanks for the quick replies...going to check for the factory download..."

Back