Logo

25 hp trying to bring to life

desertmariner

"Hi, I have a 2000 f25elry uni

"Hi, I have a 2000 f25elry unit that was lying in a shed. So far i have the starter working and the solenoid switch working. I bought a 703 remote control and am having no luck getting it to come to life. I have 12 volt to the solenoid and at the relay panel.but nothing more is happening. no tilt up or down and no action from t=he key switch. I also don't get 12 volt coming out of the pin plug on the motor. Any ideas.... how do you test the relay array,? and how do you test the Cdi. thanks in advance for any help. P.s. i have good compression120.
rich"

"In my opinion, there are to m

"In my opinion, there are to many connections that need to be addressed to post them all here. The first thing I would do is to start tracing the connections and checking for power. It sounds like you're not making connection from the key switch back to the motor. Look for blown fuses. Some systems use just one 20amp while others will use two.

You don't need a fancy multi-meter but just a simple 12v test light. Test for power at each phase in the wiring, starting at the key switch, until you find the break."

thanks for reply. I have a bat

thanks for reply. I have a battery and this motor and a new 703 remote control. I hook up the battery to the motor/ the remote plug is hooked up and the switch is on. I can trace electric to the relay box which is supplied from the battery connection at the starter. From there i'm stumped......Nothiing is happening and i don't see any fuses.
Any help appreciated.
rich

Back