Logo

Aq131c volva penta 30 litre

R

rocman

"Hi! i can start my engine rig

"Hi! i can start my engine right up it runs for awhile then it sputters and hic-ups and my r-pms jump up and down and it shuts off.It wont start right up i haveto let it sit for awhile then it starts back up and does the same thing. Theres a new distributor and points,new carb-kit,if anyone can help it would be great,tks rocky."

"I suggest that, for starters,

"I suggest that, for starters, you install a Pertronix electronic ignition kit in your distributor. That will eliminate a great deal of the ignition problems caused by points."

"i have a guy thats going to i

"i have a guy thats going to install one for me,she starts right up idles well but after a few minutes the r-pms and the idleing starts jumping ,she starts bogging down then quits and wont go right away,could this be my plug wires?"

"I don't know, as I don&#3

"I don't know, as I don't have an idea of how old is the engine or when the wires, rotor, etc were last changed. As a rule, whenever I get a "new to me" engine, I normally replace rotor, cap, ignition wires and spark plugs. This way, I start with a clean slate."

"theres a new distributor,roto

"theres a new distributor,rotor cap but not new wires,the engine is a 1989"

"Are the wires installed in th

"Are the wires installed in the correct firing order and going to the correct spark plug? 1-3-4-2, clockwise."

"yes , after it shut down i ch

"yes , after it shut down i checked to see if i had fire, i could only get fire from the first plug,could my wires be the problem or the plugs?"

"i had a marine mechanic insta

"i had a marine mechanic install the cap rotor and points but he left the old wires on,i think i'm going to replace them and see what happens,when i checked for fire and the only one fireing was the number one plug,the other 3 that wernt fireing ,the plugs were black compared to the number 1 plug which was very clean?"

Back