Logo

What is this plate on the 30

sknight88

"On the starboard side of my 3

"On the starboard side of my 3.0 is a metal plate, held on with 4 bolts.Not the top valve cover, rather on the side, the lenght of the block, running behind the distrubutor etc. If it was a car engine, the exhaust would be here. Im getting seepage out of it. Tried snugging the bolts down to no avail. Tried pulling the cover, but didnt want to come off and I didnt want to bend it up. Plus, it looked like the valve train may be right there. Do I need a gasket? A new plate? Thanks, Shawn"

"Hey John, fellow big bend for

"Hey John, fellow big bend forum member here, I recognize Flash's pic in your avatar!

Heres a partial picture, hope this helps."

"ok, didnt see the file size l

"ok, didnt see the file size limit, here we go...

192610.jpg
"

still can't tell need a be

still can't tell need a better pic.. and welcome to this forum the guys on here are so full of very reliable knowledge they will probably be able to tell from that pic cause I don't have that plate on my 3.0

Shawn Knight
It's probabl

Shawn Knight
It's probably your side valve lifter cover if it's a sheet metal type cover with bolts in the middles.
Bert

"Bert, yes exactly. Sheet meta

"Bert, yes exactly. Sheet metal type cover with bolts in the center. Should this have water seepage? I have no signs of water in the oil?"

Back