Logo

Any creative suggestions on lifting an engine out

"This is my "creative sugg

"This is my "creative suggestion"
biggrin.gif

http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12487/82610.shtml"

"I took some 4x4's and mad

"I took some 4x4's and made two A's then strung three 2x6's across. I put it together with lag screws so I can dissassemble it and reuse it when I do the other motor.

I did contact a local rental place that had big machines, they said for $30 if I brought the boat over they would lift the engine out and put it in my pickup. I decided not to do that because the boat was still in snow.
192547.gif
a frame

"E.P., I followed that link yo

"E.P., I followed that link you posted here on the 4th. Looking closely at that photo--I see that Pink and Yellow umbrella adds a nice touch to the project
biggrin.gif
"

"Well, my neighbour (the g

"Well, my neighbour (the guy who owns the truck) kindky lent me the umbrella as well. I guess that if you were working (like I was) on a sunny day at 100ºF + you wouldn't too picky about colours, would you?
wink.gif
"

"You've got a point there.

"You've got a point there. HOT sunshine is a rare commodity where you come from.
I've heard of salty old Vancouver Island fishermen being almost BBQ'ed at 100F !

They come out from under some old moss-covered boat hull and that 100 degree sun hit's 'em--and first thing you know they look like a Dungeness Crab that got invited to a beach party.
sun.gif
"

"You ned a 2 Ton rolling "

"You ned a 2 Ton rolling "engine hoist", available for $150-$200 at most auto part stores such as Pep Boys. After you are done post it for sale on your local Craigs list.
Good Luck"

Back