Logo

No powerall else fine

jdun1

"Try this one. 2006 15 hp Yama

"Try this one. 2006 15 hp Yamaha. We relocated from sea level to 4,800 feet and initially thought the loss of power was due to elevation, however, Yamaha factory said there is no way you would drop from 28 mph wide open to 6 mph (gps measured) just due to elevation.
I had it out yesterday with a friend to try and figure it out. We took the cowel off and in neutral I get it to rev right to the top by manually moving the linkage on the carbeurator, but the minute I put it in gear it has like half a throttle, if that, of power. There is no sputtering, or rough running it's still very smooth just no power whatsoever. It has fresh gas, plugs look brand new, I checked gear oil, perfect, not milky, idles beautifully, starts on the first try without any choke. Also ran ring free through it, no black stuff at all because I know it's very clean. I also bought a new prop dropping the pitch as recommended by some but that made no difference at all. If it will rev all the way in neutral wouldn't that mean that the fuel flow is fine?
The motor is super clean. I bought it new and it only has probably 25 - 35 hours on it if that.
Any recommendations? I hate to drop it off at the shop after hearing some of the horror stories. Thanks for your help."

Reving in nuetral means absolu

Reving in nuetral means absolutely nothing.A motor running on one cylinder will do that.So check that you have spark at each plug that will jump a gap of 7/16".

Back