Logo

Electronic Ignition Should I change or Not

wlatour

I'm looking at electric po

I'm looking at electric points for my AQ151? Should I do this? or change my points and cap every year. So far I had the boat running great and two weeks later the points were stuck together? What can I do to help this or should I change over? Thanks

"Hi Warren,
I removed the poi

"Hi Warren,
I removed the points from my boat and replaced with a Petronix electronic ignition and I have to say it was the best investment ever. I purchased mine from JEGS.com.
Good Luck..."

"Do it once and afterwards you

"Do it once and afterwards you can stop worrying and start enjoying boating.
biggrin.gif
"

Ok where can I get one? I wan

Ok where can I get one? I want to order this Electronic Ignition and I want to make sure I get the correct one. I have a Volvo Penta AQ151 4cyl Thanks Warren

"You can search the forum &#40

"You can search the forum (and Google) for <font color=""0000ff"">Pertronix 2842</font>."

Ok I purchased the Petronix 28

Ok I purchased the Petronix 2842 and now have it in my hands. How hard is this and do I need to get a timing light to set some settings? According to the paper work I might need to time it. Any suggestions?

"Installing it is easy, about

"Installing it is easy, about 1 hour's work.

Yes, you will need a timing light; so you can buy one, rent one, borrow one, steal one (no, don't steal, the Government hates competition....
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
)"

"EL Pescador, What if I can&#3

"EL Pescador, What if I can't move the bolt that holds the Distributer down. I need to Time it and I can't loosen the bolt??? I don't want to break it and I really put some weight into it and it will not budge?? Any Help. Thanks Warren"

Back