Logo

AQ151B running unevenly

E

Eldar Skjorten

"Hello, I'm new to this fo

"Hello, I'm new to this forum. Looks great - hope to get some advice concerning my VP AQ151B.

When reaching about 3000rpm the engine runs unevenly. It might drop from i.e. 3500rpm down to 3200 for some seconds. Then it goes back again. This happens all the time while running at about 3000 or higher.

What are possible causes?

I have a theory - can this be correct?:
The gas filter used to be full of gas. Now, however there is only a little gas in the bottom. The input from the gas tank seems to be ok. The filter seems to be ok. Then why is the filter nearly empty? And may this cause the problem? If so, how do I solve this?

I'd be thankful for any advice!"

"Sounds like the engine is sta

"Sounds like the engine is starved for fuel. Are you sure the filter is ok? Is there some obstruction in the fuel line or a screen somewhere or another filter? Is there an air leak somewhere on the suction side of the fuel pump?
Finally, The fuel pump may be getting tired. It can keep up with the engine below 3000 rpm but may not be up to meeting the greater demand when the engine is at higher rpms.
Hope this helps.
Jon"

"Thanks!

I think the filter

"Thanks!

I think the filter is OK, but will change it anyway. Will also try to look for an air leak.

I really hope it is nothing wrong with the fuel pump. I just recently spent a large amonut on the motor at a garage.

Is the pump hard to change by myself?
Any advice on how to identify if the pump is ok or not?

Eldar"

"Thanks for advice - it's

"Thanks for advice - it's great to have somewhere to ask!!

So, I might be asking silly questions...but the language is also making it more difficult... I won't ask you to translate the answer to norwegian, but could you please explain what "the cam base circle" is? Can't find it in my dictionary...

Eldar"

"Dette burde kunne gi svaret:

"Dette burde kunne gi svaret:
192721.gif
"

"Thanks!

The problem is now

"Thanks!

The problem is now solved! My first motor-repair ever!
happy.gif

I had the pump inspected. It was ok, but I learned a lot from taking it off and putting it back on. The guy who inspected the pump pointed on the spark plugs as a possible cause. It seemed to be that the local store had recommended plugs with a smaller gap than required. A change of plugs made the difference.

Eldar"

Back